Lasting power of attorney
Who knows what the future holds?
As we get older and become more prone to illness and injuries, a Lasting Power of Attorney can provide a vital safety net. If you are unable to manage your financial affairs or personal welfare, you will need someone to act on your behalf.
But what if I’m not old yet?
Even when we are young, we can find ourselves incapacitated owing to illness or injury, and it can be invaluable having a reliable person who is able to manage our personal affairs and remove the anxiety of having unpaid bills, at a time when we most need peace of mind.
A Lasting Power of Attorney is a fairly brief legal document that provides the name and contact details of your chosen attorney. It is generally a straightforward process to set up a Lasting Power of Attorney, and it all starts with a short discussion with us, so call us now on 01823 240241 for further details.
By creating a Power of Attorney in advance, you can rest assured that if the worst were to happen, your financial affairs and personal welfare will both be in safe hands.
Take the time to consider…
A Lasting Power of Attorney can alleviate significant challenges:
- Loss of mobility or illness can make it difficult to manage your affairs.
- An elderly relative losing capacity is difficult enough for loved ones to deal with, without the added worry that finances are becoming muddled.
- The prospect of unpaid bills can cause unnecessary stress and anxiety, and delay someone’s recovery.
- Having someone you know and trust and, more importantly, understands you to manage your affairs is far preferable than a court official.
- Even the young can encounter problems due to accident or illness.